CHRISTIAN EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Revised December 1998
PURPOSE: To coordinate all teaching functions at Grace Bible Church and
facilitate communication among teachers, committees and the Elders.
1) Oversight of Sunday School including Superintendent, teachers, programs
and picnics. Oversight of choice of curriculum, budget for Sunday School,
interviewing and placing prospective teachers, teacher training, intervening in
problems with teachers and discipline of children.
2) If there is no Sunday School Superintendent, responsibilities also include
planning programs and picnics, purchasing curriculum, obtaining substitute
teachers and coordinating rooms.
3) Oversight of Children’s Church including coordinator, teachers and
programs. Oversight of choice of curriculum, budget, interviewing and placing
teachers, teacher training, intervening in problems with teachers and discipline
4) If no Children’s church coordinator exists, responsibilities include
purchasing curriculum, generating a written teacher rotation and obtaining
substitutes when needed.
5) Call teachers meetings for Sunday School and Children’s Church. Meetings
should be quarterly or at least bi-annually.
6) Communicate with the Elders.
7) Prepare a report for business meetings.
8) Initiate Vacation Bible School and oversee coordinator. Oversee
advertising, curriculum, budget, missionary project, teachers, nursery, final
program, follow up.
9) Teach training classes teachers or other classes as needed which may
include: discipleship, evangelism, adult Sunday School, etc…
10) Oversight of all youth education programs.
11) Knowledge of other existing opportunities outside our church which would
be beneficial to be involved in.