1) The greatest commandment given to us is to love the Lord God with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength. Included within His commands to the church are worship, teaching doctrine, prayer, fellowship for encouragement and usage of spiritual gifts, and the ordinances – communion and baptism. We can do some of these by virtual means, and some of them require physically meeting together.
2) The second greatest command is to love our neighbors as ourselves, and for us as believers, to love the brethren as Christ has loved us. This will include reasonable restrictions upon ourselves to protect the most vulnerable. We will follow and advocate actual medical science in developing our protocols (with consideration also to the fear generated by media hype).
3) We will follow the counsel from the law groups willing to back us up in determining when and to the extent we resume our various in-person ministries.
A) SUNDAY MORNING DRIVE -IN WORSHIP SERVICE
1) We will generally follow the protocols used by Drive-in Theaters which are now allowed in NYS. As of 5/18 our protocols include:
• Those attending this service will park their cars as directed by the parking security personnel on the southwest (school) side of the church. Passenger compartments of the cars will be kept a minimum of ~ 10 ft apart.
• Church personnel, wearing orange vests and observing 6 ft spatial distancing (and / or wearing a mask), will be present to direct and to ensure proper spacing between cars and orderly compliance with all guidelines;
• All congregants are asked to remain in their vehicles for the entirety of the service
• The sound will be broadcast through speakers set up on the Southwest side of the church building adjacent to Myers Elementary School so as to not disturb our neighbors
• The sound will also be broadcast on a low power FM transmitter (location given out at the service)
• Those needed to use the bathroom will use the back door and follow the directions of church personnel for proper spacial distancing and sanitation procedures.
• After the service, congregants will exit as they came.
2) We have an RN on duty for any medical need that should arise. Contact the church office at 845-298-8481, Or get the attention of one of the parking lot security men and he will escort you to the church back door to be seen. You will be screened according to the protocols in B) below.
3) We will follow the protocols in B) below for all those that must enter the church building for any reason
B) PROTOCOLS for those ENTERING the CHURCH BUILDING for PRODUCTION of STREAMING / RECORDING WORSHIP SERVICES (And resuming restricted in building worship services when we are able).
1. All surfaces subject to normal touching by hands will be disinfected before any meeting begins.
2. In order to control entry, only the back door will be available for use. The upper lot is roped off in part to direct people to use the lower level.
3. Everyone entering the building will have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4 will be sent home. This is the standard being used for screening workers at the local hospitals, so we believe it is a reasonable requirement in protecting anyone else who may come to church.
4. Before proceeding to any of the other rooms in the building, those entering will need to wash their hands in one of the bathrooms or one of the kitchen sinks or use antiseptic hand cleaner.
5. We will practice the minimum 6 ft distancing requirement between household units. Seating upstairs is every other row and 3 chairs between household units. Those who must be closer than 6 ft due to their responsibilities in producing the worship service will wear required facial masks.
6. For your own health & safety, we recommend you wash your hands before you leave the church, and wash them again when you return home (or use hand sanitizer).
C. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL is on Zoom meetings starting about 9:20 am. (Contact church office to get the log in information (Email Church)
D. STREAMING. The Morning Worship Service is streamed on our youtube channel (Click here). The Sermon Notes for the powerpoint will be posted on the website prior to the service. (Link is on the left side bar toward the top)
E) SMALL GROUP MINISTRIES. We are now using ZOOM video / audio conferencing software for computer, tablet, smartphone or even a regular phone to meet together remotely. We want to enable those who cannot, should not or do not want to attend the physical location to be able to still participate in these teaching, prayer and fellowship ministries. Please check your email or contact the church office for the links to any particular meeting.
Please check your email or our website for updates on our various ministries.
F) PERSONAL MINISTRY for NEEDS. Please let us know if you are either restricted or should not go out and need anything. We have several people that have already volunteered to go shopping or run errands as needed. One family can provide safe, secure and sanitized transportation if needed. We also have some stocks of food and supplies if needed. Contact the church office if you have need or can help.
Please reach out to your neighbors to see if they are in need, even if you cannot meet it, we may have someone in the church who can. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate the trust we have in our Lord and be able to share the gospel to others who are fearful.