1) The greatest commandment given to us is to love the Lord God with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength. Included within His commands to the church are worship, teaching doctrine, prayer, fellowship for encouragement and usage of spiritual gifts, and the ordinances – communion and baptism. We can do some of these by virtual means, and some of them require physically meeting together.
2) The second greatest command is to love our neighbors as ourselves, and for us as believers, to love the brethren as Christ has loved us. This will include reasonable restrictions upon ourselves to protect the most vulnerable. We will follow and advocate actual medical science in developing our protocols (with consideration also to the fear generated by media hype).
3) We will follow the counsel from the law groups willing to back us up in determining when and to the extent we resume our various in-person ministries.
A) SUNDAY MORNING DRIVE -IN WORSHIP SERVICE
1) We generally follow the protocols used by Drive-in Theaters which are now allowed in NYS. Our protocols include:
• Those attending this service will park their cars as directed by the parking security personnel . Passenger compartments of the cars will be kept a minimum of ~ 10 ft apart.
• Church personnel, wearing orange vests and observing 6 ft spatial distancing (and / or wearing a mask), will be present to direct and to ensure proper spacing between cars and orderly compliance with all guidelines;
• All congregants are asked to remain in their vehicles for the entirety of the service
• The sound will be broadcast on a low power FM transmitter (station given out at the service)
• Those with a pressing need to use the bathroom will use the back door and follow the directions of church personnel for proper spacial distancing and sanitation procedures.
• Families are welcome to use the lawn areas and sit outside using the required spatial distancing as directed.
• After the service, congregants will exit as they came. Those who wish to remain longer to talk may use the outside property following the restrictions in place for public parks.
2) We have an RN on duty for any medical need that should arise. Contact the church office at 845-298-8481, Or get the attention of one of the parking lot security men and he will escort you to the nurse.
B) SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE CLASS & LIVE IN BUILDING WORSHIP – Restrictions have been lifted allowing up to 25% room capacity for worship. We will be allowing a limited number of people into the building for Sunday School and Morning Worship using the following protocols. .
1. All surfaces subject to normal touching by hands will be disinfected before any meeting begins.
2. Everyone entering the building to attend the Bible class or Morning Worship will have their temperature taken and asked medically relevant questions. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4 will be sent home and those at high risk of being infected will be deferred to using electronic means of participating (stream, zoom, etc.). This is the standard being used for screening workers at the local hospitals, so we believe it is a reasonable requirement in protecting anyone else who may come to church.
3. Before proceeding to any of the other rooms in the building, those entering will need to wash their hands with soap and water or use antiseptic hand cleaner.
4. We will practice the minimum 6 ft distancing requirement between household units. Seating upstairs is marked for distancing (a rule of thumb – 3 chair widths is 6 ft). Those who must be closer than 6 ft will wear the required masks or face coverings
5. For your own health & safety, we recommend you wash your hands before you leave the church, and wash them again when you return home (or use hand sanitizer).
C. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL is on Zoom meetings and a limited number will be able to meet live as above. (Contact the church office to get the log in information (Email Church)
D. STREAMING. The Morning Worship Service is streamed on our youtube channel (Click here). The Sermon Notes for the powerpoint will be posted on the website prior to the service. (Link is on the left side bar toward the top)
E) SMALL GROUP MINISTRIES. We are now using a mixture of limited live attendance and ZOOM video / audio conferencing software. All small group ministries are using zoom since we want to enable those who cannot, should not or do not want to attend the physical location to be able to still participate in these teaching, prayer and fellowship ministries. Some ministries are also meeting live at the same time. Please check your email or contact the church office for the links to any particular meeting, and check with the head of any particular ministry to see if they are also meeting live.
Please check your email or our website for updates on our various ministries.
F) PERSONAL MINISTRY for NEEDS. Please let us know if you are either restricted or should not go out and need anything. We have several people that have already volunteered to go shopping or run errands as needed. One family can provide safe, secure and sanitized transportation if needed. We also have some stocks of food and supplies if needed. Contact the church office if you have need or can help.
Please reach out to your neighbors to see if they are in need, even if you cannot meet it, we may have someone in the church who can. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate the trust we have in our Lord and be able to share the gospel to others who are fearful.