1) The greatest commandment given to us is to love the Lord God with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength. Included within His commands to the church are worship, teaching doctrine, prayer, fellowship for encouragement and usage of spiritual gifts, and the ordinances – communion and baptism. Some of these can be done to a limited extent by virtual means, but require physically meeting together, and all of them are done better in person.
2) The second greatest command is to love our neighbors as ourselves, and for us as believers, to love the brethren as Christ has loved us. This will include reasonable restrictions upon ourselves to protect the most vulnerable. We will follow and advocate actual medical science in developing our protocols with consideration also given to the various levels of fear that people have to accommodate as many people on site as possible.
3) We will follow the counsel from the law groups willing to back us up in determining the manner in which we conduct our various in-person ministries to the maximum extent possible.
A) LIVE & IN BUILDING WORSHIP & CLASSES.
1. All surfaces subject to normal touching by hands are disinfected before any meeting begins. We have installed UVc lights in to the HVAC system to disinfect the air circulating through the building.
2. Everyone entering the building to attend a Bible class or Morning Worship will have their temperature taken and screened according to medically relevant information. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4 and those at high risk of having a possible infected will be deferred to using electronic means of participating (stream, zoom, drive-in, etc.). This is the standard used for screening workers at the local hospitals, so we believe it is a reasonable for protecting those attending church ministries.
3. Before proceeding to any of the other rooms in the building, those entering will need to wash their hands with soap and water or use antiseptic hand cleaner.
4. Seating upstairs is mask optional. The room is marked for 6ft spacing by the taped lines on the floor. Chairs are grouped so that you may sit alone or in groups that you feel safe to be near. Seating distance in mask only rooms downstairs is as you feel comfortable.
5. For your own health & safety, we recommend you wash your hands before you leave the church, and wash them again when you return home (or use hand sanitizer).
6. We have an RN on duty for any medical need that should arise. The medical duty station is in the foyer, or contact an usher.
B) SUNDAY MORNING DRIVE -IN & OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICES – Weather Permitting
1) DRIVE-IN SERVICES. FM radio transmission is provided at all worship services, so this option is available even in inclement weather. We follow the protocols used by Drive-in Theaters. These include:
• Cars are to be parked on the southeast side of the church as directed by the parking security personnel who will be wearing orange vests.
• The service is broadcast on a low power FM transmitter (station number is given out at the service)
2) OUTDOOR SERVICES – Weather Permitting
• Individuals and families are welcome to use the pavilion and lawn areas surrounding it spacing yourself individually or in groups as you feel comfortable. The sermon is broadcast using the FM radio in the pavilion and from the outdoor pulpit or you may bring your own.
3) The downstairs bathrooms are available for use. Use the back door and follow the directions of church personnel for proper distancing and sanitation procedures. Those who wish to remain inside are to follow the protocols listed in A) above.
4) After the service, the outside property may be used as you would a public park.
5) We have an RN on duty for any medical need that should arise. Contact the church office at 845-298-8481, Or get the attention of one of the parking lot security men and he will escort you to the nurse.
C) STREAMING. The Morning Worship Service is streamed on our youtube channel (Click here). The Sermon Notes for the powerpoint will be posted on the website prior to the service. (Link is on the left side bar toward the top). The sermon is later posted to SermonAudio.com later in the week.
D) SMALL GROUP MINISTRIES.
We use a mixture of limited live attendance and ZOOM meetings. All our small group ministries for adults include the use of zoom meetings since we want to enable those who cannot, should not or do not want to attend the physical location to be able to still participate in these teaching, prayer and fellowship ministries. Please check your email or contact the church office for the links to any particular meeting, and check with the head of any particular ministry to see if they are also meeting live.
Contact the church office for our safety protocols for Children’s Ministries
Please check your email or our website for updates on our various ministries.
E) PERSONAL MINISTRY for NEEDS. Please let us know if you are either quarantined, restricted or should not go out and need anything. We have volunteers who are ready to go shopping or run errands as needed. We also have some stocks of food and supplies if needed. Contact the church office if you have need or can help.